DIME Venture Capital, announced today that it would be raising its equity capital for Canadian projects by One billion dollars of additional private funds for Joint Venture Projects.
DIME Venture Capital in its short time in Canada has been well received as venture capital partners in various stimulus projects nationwide. The Principals and Associates of DIME Venture Capital feel it is up to the Private Sector to provide the stimulus capital to offset the negative effects of current downturns in the Canadian economy. This will bring DIME’s investment cache to over 10 Billion dollars of private funds for equity partnerships over the next five years.
DIME, though it does not solicit for Joint Venture Projects is open to most entrepreneur proposals. This year there was a push within DIME’s closed door meetings with industry experts and consultants to raise DIMES minimum threshold of project value to $50 million from the current $10 million.
However the Principals and Senior Associates rejected the suggestions and will maintain the $ 10 million minimum project value. Senior Associates reported though larger projects do provide for larger stimulus spinoffs, the smaller projects provide for more stimulus spinoffs nationwide.
Project developers looking for DIME to be a private capital joint venture partner need to meet these minimum criteria points:
• The project is a NEW PROJECT, EXPASION and REFINANCING of an existing project that requires $10 million capital funding or more;
• The project must be shovel-ready--defined as ready to break ground in 160 days or less;
• The project must be sponsored by an experienced developer with a significant financial stake.
• The Developer must be able to provide a 10% cash deposit
The advantages of this private partnership structure are several:
• The developer pays no interest during the entire construction period--saving millions of dollars in interest expense;
• Because DIME participates as a 100% joint venture partner, they assume nearly 100% of the project risk until completion or stabilization;
• Rather than the typical 65% LTV available from traditional lenders, the developer may receive cash equity for 100% of the total project costs, including both hard and soft costs.
For more information on Dime Venture Capital partner equities contact email@example.com.