EpiCast Report: Atrial Fibrillation - Epidemiology Forecast to 2023
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, Illinois – United States – March 5,2015 (PR Buzz): EpiCast Report: Atrial Fibrillation - Epidemiology Forecast to 2023 is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. Atrial fibrillation (AF) is a disorder of the heart’s electrical system. The condition is characterized by an irregular heart rhythm that is either too fast or too slow. During AF, the two upper chambers of the heart (atria) beat out of coordination with the two lower chambers (ventricles) due to disorganized electrical signals, resulting in poor blood supply to the lungs and the rest of the body. The symptoms of AF typically include heart palpitations, irregular and fast heartbeat, chest discomfort, shortness of breath, dizziness, and weakness. However, individuals with AF may be asymptomatic and not even know that they have the condition until it is identified through an electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG) test.
AF is one of the most common cardiovascular diseases among the elderly, worldwide. Although AF affects people of all ages, the condition is rare in individuals younger than 40 years of age. The risk for AF increases rapidly with age and is more common in men than women. Globally, the prevalence of AF varies widely, depending on the country and the study, ranging from 0.1-1.6% in Asia (0.1% in India, 1.6% in Japan), 0.95-3.9% in North America (0.95% in the US, 3.9% in Canada), 1.28-2.1% in Europe (1.28% in the UK, 2.1% in Germany), and 4.0% in Australia.
Complete report available @ EpiCast Report: Atrial Fibrillation - Epidemiology Forecast to 2023
The epidemiologists forecast that the diagnosed prevalent cases of AF in the 8MM will grow by 21.8% over the next decade, from 10,112,797 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2013 to 12,316,458 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2023.
The epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed prevalent cases of AF in the 8MM is supported by epidemiologic data from country-specific studies that are nationally representative of the entire population in these markets. This analysis included the most recently published nationally-representative studies in the 8MM, which provided the diagnosed prevalence of AF using uniform diagnostic criteria based on EKG tests, which facilitated a meaningful comparison of the forecast for the diagnosed prevalent cases of AF in the 8MM.
- The Atrial Fibrillation (AF) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and the global and historical trends for AF in the eight major markets (8MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, and Canada). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed prevalent cases of AF segmented by sex, age (in five-year age groups, beginning at 40 years and ending at =85 years), and clinical subtypes (paroxysmal, persistent, and permanent AF) in these markets.
- The AF epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 8MM.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global AF market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global AF market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the sex and age groups that present the best opportunities for AF therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
Reportstack is one of the leading distributors of market research reports in the world today. We host more than 200,000 research products from the world's top publication houses. These publications are distributed amongst 12 top industry verticals and 62 sub verticals, which are then further classified into 257 business categories and 5000 micro markets. The vast selection criterion provides granular data from the length and breadth of all these industries delivering Reportstack members with cutting edge research products to facilitate strategic business decisions.
Manager - Marketing
Reportstack Market Research