New market study, "Saudi Arabia Infrastructure Report Q3 2015", has been published
While we have slightly downgraded our 2015 growth forecast for Saudi Arabia's construction industry to 10% from 10.5% previously, we continue to believe that infrastructure and construction sectors offer both scale and growth opportunities over our 10 year forecast period to 2024 . Private sector caution over the impact of lower oil prices, along with the deterioration of the regional security situation, will see investment dampened slightly. However, we expect government investment in affordable housing and infrastructure to remain robust.
Key Trends informing BMI's View:
* The continued dramatic fall in oil prices is not an immediate threat to infrastructure financing in Saudi Arabia, given the country's significant foreign reserves and centrality of infrastructure development to economic diversification plans.
* Some industrial construction projects may be cancelled or postponed, specifically in the petrochemicals sector. That said, manufacturing, metals and chemical projects should remain on track.
* The security situations in both Iraq and Yemen have deteriorated heavily in recent months and have now spilt over into violent attacks in Saudi Arabia. Not only does this raise the chance that a Saudi military intervention in either state will occur - raising regional tension and making an attack within Saudi Arabia by AQAP or IS even more likely - but may also drain attention and funding away from major infrastructure projects.
* We forecast that the transport sector will grow in real terms by 7.8% in 2015. With many of the major projects under development being awarded over the past four years - the majority of which will reach completion by 2018.
* We are forecasting a bounce back in 2015 in the residential and non-residential sector, with 9.8% real growth.
* Owing to heavy capital investment into the energy and utilities sector, it will be the outperforming infrastructure segment over our forecast period in terms of growth. We...
Full Report Details at
The Saudi Arabia Infrastructure Report features BMI Research's market assessment and forecasts covering public procurement and spending on all major infrastructure and construction projects, including transportation and logistics by land, sea and air; power plants and utilities, and commercial construction and property development. The report analyses the impact of regulatory changes and the macroeconomic outlook and features competitive intelligence on contractors and suppliers.
BMI's Saudi Arabia Infrastructure Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Saudi infrastructure and construction industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent infrastructure industry forecasts for Saudi Arabia to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Saudi infrastructure market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Saudi infrastructure sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Saudi Arabia.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI’s key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering infrastructure and construction, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments. These are broken down into construction (social, commercial and residential), transport (roads, railways, ports, airports, etc), and energy & utilities (powerplants, pipelines and so on).
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats within the infrastructure and construction sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (up to 2012) and forecasts to end-2024 for all key industry indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key developments in the market and risks to the main forecasts. Indicators include:
Construction: Industry value (USDbn); contribution to GDP (%); total capital investment (USDbn); real growth (%).
Construction industry real growth forecasts (%) and industry value (USDbn) forecasts for industry sectors are split into Residential and Non-residential and Infrastructure sectors. Where the data is available for particular countries the infrastructure is further broken down into indicators for the transport subsectors of roads, railways, airports and ports and the energy and utilities sub-sectors of power plants and transmission grids, oil & gas pipelines and water infrastructure. This dataset is unique to the market.
The reports also include analysis of latest projects across the infrastructure sectors (transport, utilities, commercial construction).
BMI’s Infrastructure Risk Reward Index
BMI’s Risk Reward Index provides investors (construction companies, suppliers and partners) looking for opportunities in the region with a clear country-comparative assessment of a market’s risks and potential rewards. Each of the country markets are scored using a sophisticated model that includes more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points. These provide indices of highest to lowest appeal to investors, with each position explained.
An assessment of the competitive landscape and key challenges to entering the market. Details of the largest companies active in the sector across the sub-segments of the industry, including the key financial figures from some of the largest players in the sector.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)