New Market Research Report: Algeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2015
Long-term growth prospects in Algeria's pharmaceutical and healthcare sector will continue to generate investment opportunities to foreign firms, including in the development of drug manufacturing capacity and technology transfer with joint partnerships with local firms. Also, investment and commercial opportunities will be boosted by healthcare facilities construction and modernisation. In its efforts to diversify the economy away from hydrocarbons, t he Algerian government will continue to promote the development of the pharmaceutical sector as a potential region al hub . However, slow improvements to weak intellectual property rights protection and a challenging business environment will continue to prevent a higher lev el of foreign direct investment .
Full Report Details at
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Pharmaceuticals: DZD334.18bn (USD4.15bn) in 2014 to DZD365.62bn (USD3.85bn) in 2015; +9.4% in local currency and -7.2% in US dollar terms. Forecast revised upwards from last quarter.
* Healthcare: DZD1,096.51bn (USD13.61bn) in 2014 to DZD1,211.38bn (USD12.75bn) in 2015; +10.5% in local currency and -6.3% in US dollar terms. Forecast revised upwards from last quarter.
Risk/Reward Index: In Q315, we have revised upwards Algeria's Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Index (RRI) score to 50.0 (out of 100) from 48.8 previously. This is above the regional average of 41.7. The score revision was driven by higher industry reward indices and means that Algeria now sits in ninth place (up one position from last quarter) out of 31 countries in the Middle East and Africa region. Algeria's score is boosted by a large pharmaceutical market and a favourable long-term market development but dragged down by the country's poor regulatory environment.
Key Trends And Developments
* A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Algeria's National Agency of Project Management and Equipment of Health Facilities (ARES) and UBIFrance Algeria, the French Agency for...
The Algeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features BMI Research's forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Algeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Algeria pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
* Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Algeria, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Algerian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Algerian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Algeria.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors using our company profiles (including SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and competitive landscape tables.
BMI Industry ViewAn at-a-glance perspective on the latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The pharmaceuticals and healthcare SWOT outlines strategic factors that affect the basic assumptions underpinning BMI’s forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI’s political, economic and business environment SWOTs, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
BMI Industry Forecast ScenarioIndustry forecasts to end-2019 for all key indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecasts:
* Healthcare: Total healthcare expenditure (USDbn), healthcare expenditure (% of GDP), healthcare expenditure per capita (USD), hospital beds, doctors, and birth & mortality rates (all per ‘000 population).
* Pharmaceutical Market: Drug expenditure in USDbn, % of GDP and per capita (USD).
* Patented Drug Market: Prescription drug sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
* Generic Drug Market: Generic product sales (USDbn), generic sales (% of total sales).
* OTC Drug Market: OTC sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
* Macroeconomic Forecasts: Nominal and real GDP, % real GDP growth, % private consumption growth, % industrial output growth, % consumer price index, % GDP price deflator, exports, imports, trade balance, current account balance, foreign direct investment, exchange rate against USD, government expenditure and external debt.
BMI’s Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Risk Reward IndexBMI’s Risk Reward Index provides investors (both national and multinational) looking for opportunities in the region with a clear country-comparative assessment of the market’s risks and potential rewards. Each of the country markets are scored using a sophisticated model that includes more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points to provide indices of highest to lowest appeal to investors, with each position explained.
Market SummaryA snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of the pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape
Industry DevelopmentsA focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, mergers and acquisitions, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
Regulatory RegimeDetails of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Competitive LandscapeThe competitive landscape section provides comparative company analyses and index by USD sales and % share of total sales – for the total pharmaceutical sector, as well as the OTC, generics and distribution sub-sectors.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)