Russia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2015 - New Report Available
Multinational pharmaceutical companies will experience greater challenges over the coming year as Russia's grim economic outlook will have a significant impact on consumer demand for pharmaceuticals . Furthermore, government measures, such as the introduction of further price controls, will hurt revenues of innovative and generic drugmakers. Russia will increasingly become a second-tier emerging market (EM) compared to its EM peers, such as China, due to the poor business and operating environment and the worsening growth prospects for multinationals.
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Pharmaceuticals: RUB885.67bn (USD22.96bn) in 2014 to RUB1.02trn (USD17.53bn) in 2015; +14.8% in local currency terms and -23.7% in US dollar terms. Forecast revised upwards from Q315 in local currency and US dollar terms.
* Healthcare: RUB4.85trn (USD125.61bn) in 2014 to RUB5.29trn (USD91.22bn) in 2015; +9.2% in local currency terms and -27.4% in US dollar terms. Forecast revised upwards from Q315 in local currency and US dollar terms.
Full Report Details at
Russia has a Risk/Reward Index (RRI) score of 54.3 out of 100, making it the sixth most attractive pharmaceutical market in Emerging Europe. Russia's RRI score has improved slightly from Q215 largely due to our revised currency forecasts than due to an improvement in the business environment or growth outlook. Although Russia has the largest pharmaceutical market in the Central and Eastern Europe region on an absolute basis, its Rewards score is held back by our lowered growth expectations over the coming years and its relatively low per capita spending compared to regional peers. Furthermore, it has received a lower Risk score, highlighting the challenging operating environment in the country.
Key Trends And Developments
* In May, Russia's Prime Minister, Dmitry Medvedev signed a decree approving regional authorities to control the prices of 608 medicines included in the country's Vital and Essential...
The Russia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features BMI Research's forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Russia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Russia pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
* Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Russia, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Russian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Russian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Russia.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors using our company profiles (including SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and competitive landscape tables.
BMI Industry ViewAn at-a-glance perspective on the latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The pharmaceuticals and healthcare SWOT outlines strategic factors that affect the basic assumptions underpinning BMI’s forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI’s political, economic and business environment SWOTs, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
BMI Industry Forecast ScenarioIndustry forecasts to end-2019 for all key indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecasts:
* Healthcare: Total healthcare expenditure (USDbn), healthcare expenditure (% of GDP), healthcare expenditure per capita (USD), hospital beds, doctors, and birth & mortality rates (all per ‘000 population).
* Pharmaceutical Market: Drug expenditure in USDbn, % of GDP and per capita (USD).
* Patented Drug Market: Prescription drug sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
* Generic Drug Market: Generic product sales (USDbn), generic sales (% of total sales).
* OTC Drug Market: OTC sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
* Macroeconomic Forecasts: Nominal and real GDP, % real GDP growth, % private consumption growth, % industrial output growth, % consumer price index, % GDP price deflator, exports, imports, trade balance, current account balance, foreign direct investment, exchange rate against USD, government expenditure and external debt.
BMI’s Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Risk Reward IndexBMI’s Risk Reward Index provides investors (both national and multinational) looking for opportunities in the region with a clear country-comparative assessment of the market’s risks and potential rewards. Each of the country markets are scored using a sophisticated model that includes more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points to provide indices of highest to lowest appeal to investors, with each position explained.
Market SummaryA snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of the pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape
Industry DevelopmentsA focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, mergers and acquisitions, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
Regulatory RegimeDetails of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Competitive LandscapeThe competitive landscape section provides comparative company analyses and index by USD sales and % share of total sales – for the total pharmaceutical sector, as well as the OTC, generics and distribution sub-sectors.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)