See Something Say Something This 4th of July
Canton, OH (PRBuzz.com) July 2, 2014 -- Protection Management, LLC, a renowned security consulting company reminds everyone that as we gather for the holiday weekend, and attend public events where there will be large crowds, we all have to be vigilant in looking for safety and security risks and making the appropriate notifications to law enforcement if we see something that does not seem right.
See Something Say Something is the United States Department of Homeland Security’s nationwide campaign to get citizens to speak up and notify law enforcement when they observe anything that may be a security threat. According to Security Consultant John M. White CPP, CHPA of Protection Management, LLC, “There are so many things that citizens should watch out for while attending large public or private events, such as watching for suspicious packages left unattended. The police will be busy this 4th of July with crowd and traffic control and their availability to monitor crowds may be limited at times. Everyone should be watching out for their own safety and security and report anything that appears unusual. Trust your gut instincts.”
According to security expert John M. White, CPP, CHPA, there are several things that everyone should watch for this holiday weekend and those things include:
- Be alert to unattended packages.
- Be wary of suspicious behavior.
- People videotaping or using surveillance equipment like binoculars to watch law enforcement activities.
- People you don't recognize "hanging around" a public building, transit station, utility station or other critical infrastructure for long periods of time.
- Report anyone tampering with surveillance cameras or entering unauthorized areas.
- Strange or abandoned vehicles on the side of the road.
- Take notice of people in bulky or inappropriate clothing.
- Unauthorized personnel around power lines, poles, transformer boxes, sewers, storm drains, gas lines or other utility equipment.
“When in doubt call 911. The life you save may be your own,” said White.
Protection Management, LLC is an independent security consulting firm specializing in Security Management, Healthcare Security, Special Event Security Planning, Security Risk Assessments and Litigation Avoidance and/or Support. Protection Management specializes in assisting clients in identifying their security risks and vulnerabilities and providing them with the information to correct deficiencies and reduce their risk.
For more information contact a security consultant at Protection Management call 1.877.686.5460 or visit their website at www.protectionmanagementllc.com for overview of their services, background and expertise.
John M. White, CPP, CHPA
Protection Management, LLC